Sunday, August 06, 2006

Dress in Ireland

I have Dress in Ireland by Dunleavy on order! It's supposed to ship on the 9th of August. Yup, this is one of the books I've seen cited more than once concerning, what else, the dress in Ireland. Slowly I'm building up my library on medieval Ireland.

My next purchase is now up for debate. Do I want to go with Early Irish Farming by Kelly, which from the blurbs I'm finding is all about every aspect of Irish living from the early to the late medieval period as based in Irish law, or do I want to get the Book of Kells on CD? I'm thinking Early Irish Farming would be the better purchase right now, since I'm not as concerned about illumination and I am concerned about the every day life of the Irish. With 721 pages in EIF, it should hopefully be very informative and I found it cheapest at Dave Brown Book Company (http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/20179//Location/DBBC) for $32.50.